Featured Post

CNA requirements for meeting downtown, not almost in Scarsdale.

We welcome you finding us a downtown location providing free space & free parking suitable for up to 50 people and including free use of...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Envisioning a More Walkable White Plains" - wptimes.com

http://wptimes.com/local_news.php?viewspecific=1&storyid=2958

A friend sent the link to me with this comment:


"Did you see this article in the latest W.P. Times?   Got some of your ideas in it."

Here is my response:

Wasn't a raised pedestrian walkway in the original design 30 years ago?

I'm desperately trying to "visualize automobile traffic diverted from Mamaroneck Avenue".  Can't do it.  The committee they set up 10-15 years ago suggested angle parking on Mamaroneck Avenue but WP couldn't even do that.

Try something.  Try anything.

As I state in my blog, WP looks like its design decisions are made by people who do not live here (downtown).

No comments: